What happens when one present and one former Perussuomalaiset (PS)* politician faces charges for ethnic agitation? Answer: They lie through their teeth and act dumb (which isn’t difficult for such politicians). PS MP Teuvo Hakkarainen got sentenced today for ethnic agitation and will have to pay a fine of 1,160 euros. Olli Sademies, a substitute councilman who retired from the police force, is in court today facing ethnic agitation charges as well.
The court will give its verdict on Sademies’ case on January 13.
Hakkarainen is a good actor. He plays the dumb country boy and starts to making up his own interpretation of events claiming incredibly that he didn’t know that there was a law against hate speech even if he’s a lawmaker.
Moreover, Hakkarainen knows that Finland has a hate crime law because he was one of eleven MPs that wanted to make it redundant tin 2013, according to Jussi Kohonen.
Hakkarainen got charged after he wrote on his Facebook wall in mid-July after the Nice killings: “We’ve got to stop pussyfooting. Muslims out of this country! Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims. We shouldn’t accept Muslims from the Middle East and Africa to our country.”
It’s not the first time that the PS MP has made racist statements.
Below is a recording of him on his first day in parliament after he got elected in 2011.
Here are some other stories:
- Mixed reactions to Hakkarainen’s racist blog entry that victimizes immigrants and Muslims (August 21, 2013)
- Let’s play fill in the blanks with far-right Finnish MP Teuvo Hakkarainen (August 20, 2013)
- PS MP Hakkarainen of Finland launches a new attack on immigrants and Muslims (August 19, 2013)
- PS MP Hakkarainen instigates social media lynch mob from Singapore (August 12, 2012)
- PS will not take any disciplinary action against MP Teuvo Hakkarainen (August 25, 2011)
Like Hakkarainen, Sademies plays dumb as well.
“I haven’t done anything wrong,” he was quoted as saying in summer by Demokraatti . “What is that ethnic group anyway that I have agitated? Charging me is absurd and it’s a racist opinion.”
So what did Sademies actually say about Africans and Muslims?
Sademies’ post in May 2015 on Facebook suggested that since Africans threaten to destroy Finland’s social welfare system because they have so many babies and therefore it “would require forced sterilization of African men [after three children], which would stop such a flood [of people coming to Finland] from obtaining a better living standards by shagging.”
A few weeks later, Sademies resurfaced launching a new attack against Muslims by suggesting a “business idea” to create a pig’s blood spray that would be used against people of that faith.
The third matter that Sademies said was that for each rape committed by an asylum seeker 100 male refugees should be deported from Finland from the same asylum reception center as the suspect. He’s also called asylum seekers “animals,” according to Helsingin Sanomat.
Sademies finally got sacked from the PS in November 2015.
* The Finnish name for the Finns Party is the Perussuomalaiset (PS). The English names of the party adopted by the PS, like True Finns or Finns Party, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and xenophobia. We, therefore, prefer to use the Finnish name of the party on our postings. The direct translation of “Perussuomalaiset” is “basic” or “fundamental Finn.”