Perussuomalaiset (PS)* MP Teuvo Hakkarainen is a good example of white Finnish privilege. Here’s an MP that has issues with alcohol, racism and now dates teenagers as well as allegedly takes minors to bars. He has sent on his work phone pictures of his phallus and Image magazine claims in its latest issue that the PS MP drove 306 km/hour with his motorcycle. Hakkarainen denies this.
Let’s not forget as well that the PS MP was sentenced to prison for robbery.
After all these questionable “merits,” PS chairman Timo Soini said recently that he’s happy that Hakkarainen will be running for a second term in office.
Imagine for a second if a visible minority, migrant or, god forbid a Muslim would do only half of the things that Hakkarainen did. Even if that person would do only a quarter of the things that the PS MP has done and is doing, that person would be lynched alive on social media forums and by the print media.
The reason why Hakkarainen can get off the hook for all the things he’s done is because he’s white and a PS MP.
Instead of seeing him as a person squandering tax payers money, some see him as a hero.
Moreover, the PS sees Hakkarinen as an “authority” on migration. An authority? With that type of poor judgement, and not suggesting that the two are alike, we could argue that Heinrich Himmler was an “authority” on Jews, the Roma and all the enemies of the Nazi regime.
If you are white and have issues, join the PS. It’s a good party to hide your problems.
- Defining white Finnish privilege #1: I have it and you don’t
- Defining white Finnish privilege #2: Third culture children versus “pupil with immigrant background”
- Defining white Finnish privilege #3 No history, no doctrine, no heroes and no martyrs
- Defining white Finnish privilege #4 Holding the short end of the stick
- Defining white Finnish privilege #5 It’s ok to be a racist
- Defining white Finnish privilege #6 Not having a voice and the media
- Defining white Finnish privilege #7 A definitive guide
- Defining white Finnish privilege #8 Underrated and less intelligent
- Defining white Finnish privilege #9 Mohammad Ali’s insight
- Defining white Finnish privilege #10 I can victimize and make up any story I like about migrants because I’m white
* The Finnish name for the Finns Party is the Perussuomalaiset (PS). The English names of the party adopted by the PS, like True Finns or Finns Party, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and xenophobia. We therefore prefer to use the Finnish name of the party on our postings.