Racism is such a big issue in Finland that even white people are discriminated.
Another news story. Another example. You will lose out in the Finnish labor market if you don’t have a Finnish name. If there is overwhelming proof that this type of discrimination takes place, why does it continue? Why aren’t there any stories in the Finnish media that sued an employer for discrimination?
Why are we reading over and over again ad nauseam about labor market discrimination?
Instead of changing your name to a Finnish-sounding one, why isn’t enough being done?
- Police University College: Suspected hate crime cases retreat in 2020 by 5.22% to 852 from the previous year (November 13, 2021)
- Study: If you have a “foreign”-sounding name, you will need more than luck to get work (October 21,2019)
- What Yle leaves out when it tells us why labor discrimination exists in Finland (October 19, 2019)
- Roma anti-discrimination campaign by DIAK but offers nothing concrete (November 1, 2018)
- Laura Hagert ei saanut työtä millään – vaihtoi sukunimensä, firmat vastasivat heti sähköposteihin (October 8, 2017)
Stop the official blah-blah-blah and start taking concrete steps to tackle not only labor market discrimination but all types of discrimination.