Perussuomalaiset (PS)* MP Tom Packalén is an example of how the good election result of the Sweden Democrats has invigorated him and the PS to start scapegoating migrants in Finland. Taking into account the poor result of the PS in the last presidential, municipal and EU elections, it’s clear that some PS MPs will do anything to get attention and hopefully votes.
Even if the PS claim to not have any official contacts with the Sweden Democrats, they are perfect political soul mates. Both parties loathe migrants, especially those that aren’t white like them.
Read full blog entry (in Finnish) here.
Packalén’s blog entry on Uusi Suomi is quite revealing not for its well-balanced points of view but because it scapegoats, generalizes and victimizes all migrants.
Packalén admits on the blog that his anti-immigration views were the reason why he went into politics.
Here are a few questions Migrant Tales would like to ask the PS MP:
- You label the members of the youth gang on your blog entry as migrants but how many of these are Finns? Do you even know?
- Finland has one of the lowest number of migrants in the European Union. From your anti-immigration perspective, doesn’t this mean that immigration policy has been “successful?”
- You call these so-called migrant youth gangs “racist.” Do you have any what white racism is?
- Instead of whining about “failed immigration policy,” what solutions do you want to bring to the table? In your blog entry you offer none.
Migrant Tales does not condone any type of violence but we don’t go around – like you – stressing and pinning the blame on all Finns when a crime is committed.
That, MP Packalén, is the difference between your opportunistic and populist claims and what we are saying.
* The Finnish name for the Finns Party is the Perussuomalaiset (PS). The English names of the party adopted by the PS, like True Finns or Finns Party, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and xenophobia. We therefore prefer to use the Finnish name of the party on our postings.