The Perussuomalaiset (PS)* recently published their party program on immigration, which breaches human rights, is unconstitutional and outright racist.
Even if Social Democrat MP Johannes Koskinen was quoted as saying on Oulu-based daily Kaleva that parts of the PS’ party program were in conflict with our constitution, there’s been too little reaction by mainstream political parties and the media in Finland.
Koskinen is chairman of the constitutional law committee of parliament.
What’s wrong with the PS’ program?
Here are some to name a few:
- It is in conflict with our Constitution (Section §6) since migrants would not be equal before the law
- It is in conflict with our Constitutions (Section §9) since it wants to restrict free movement of migrants in Finland and Europe
- It targets especially Somalis, Muslims and Africans
- It would permit citizenship to be revoked
- It supports assimilation, or one-way adaption policies for migrants and minorities
- It supports an inhumane family reunification policy
- It believes that cultural diversity, or multiculturalism, as an ideal should be abandoned
- It wants affirmative action revoked
- It supports and wants to strengthen white Finnish privilege
Racism is harmful to Finland because it is expensive to tax payers and because it is against our Nordic values. Racist policies like the PS program on immigration during a time when our population is graying at an alarming rate is a ticket to the national poor house.
Understanding the gravity of the situation, why isn’t there leadership from politicians and the media to tell the PS that their program on immigration is racist, xenophobic and unconstitutional?
* The Finnish name for the Finns Party is the Perussuomalaiset (PS). The names adopted by the PS, like True Finns or Finns Party, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and xenophobia. We therefore prefer to use the Finnish name of the party on our postings.