Perussuomalaiset (PS) MP James (Erkki Kalevi) Hirvisaari claims that his party did poorly in the municipal elections because it wasn’t as outspoken on immigration issues as before the 2011 parliamentary elections, according to YLE. Migrant Tales disagrees. The PS did poorly in the municipal elections because of the crackpot stuff they say and do to gain attention, listeners or votes.
Contrary to what Hirvisaari claims, the PS and his band of Counterjihadists tried very hard to raise immigration issues during the last municipal elections. See the long list of blog entries below that were published by Migrant Tales that show that Hirvisaari and other PS politicians tried to gain attention and votes by fueling anti-immigration, anti-Islam, anti-Roma and homophobic sentiment.
Moreover, the anti-immigration message of the PS sounds like a broken record at this stage. The more it plays, the more their lies and opportunism are exposed. The public, media and politicians are not eating out of their hands as they did before last year’s parliamentary elections.
Politicians like Hirvisaari in the PS, with his usual witch-hunt comments about Islam and immigrants, is one reason why the party has lost popularity and credibility with voters.
One of the PS MP’s many bizarre comments were made after Anders Brevik went on the rampage killing in cold blood 77 Norwegians on July 22, 2011.
On his Uusi Suomi blog he blamed “immigration policy” and “100% rape cases by foreigners [sic!]” for Norway’s worst tragedy after World War 2. “A sensible immigration policy could have lowered tensions and helped avoid many problems as well as the atrocity [in Norway],” he wrote. “And we still can. In Finland as well.”
Hirvisaari, who was convicted for hate speech in December, has not only lost touch with his party but with his constituents.
Here are some blog entries that Migrant Tales published before the October municipal elections that had a strong anti-immigration, anti-Islam and homophobic message:
- The Finnish city of Kemi gives us Harri Turtiainen of the PS (Nov. 11)
- More Mamukriit-Looks candidates of Finland (Oct. 30)
- The majority of Mamukriit-Looks candidates got elected to office in Finland (Oct. 29)
- PS anti-immigration candidates did well in the Finnish municipal elections (Oct. 29)
- CHEATS! (Oct. 26)
- Timo Soini on racism: See no evil, hear no evil (Oct. 25)
- What do Finland’s political parties think about refugees and immigrants? (Oct. 24)
- Parliament debates practicalities of expulsion from Finland (Oct. 21)
- Immigrants that look down on other immigrants (Oct. 19)
- Banning circumcision would be the first step in undermining religious freedom in Finland (Oct. 14)
- The PS’ shameful and opportunistic stand on refugees (Oct. 10)
- Ajankohtainen kakkonen: Four immigrant candidates (Oct. 4)
- The PS campaigns for closed-door policy for refugees (Oct. 1)
- The Rautiainen scandal: The PS’ short and selective memory (Sept. 26)
- Perussuomalaiset candidate: Kill the prime minister, finance minister and boil Muslims alive (Sept. 25)
- PS of Pori: Nazi motto to kick off the municipal elections of October (Sept. 24)
- PS candidate: Vote for me and I will solve the refugee problem from Africa with rice (Sept. 20)
- Racism, Counterjihadism and neo-Nazism sit well with the PS (Sept. 16)
- An interesting blog that follows far-right candidates in Finland’s municipal elections (Sept. 14)
- How sincere is PS MP Immonen about Finnish Karelia? (Sept. 8)
- Halla-aho takes another swipe at Finland’s Somali community (Aug. 22)
- PS MP James Hirvisaari does it again (Aug. 17)
- Using rape statistics to fuel ethnic prejudism and racism (Aug. 4)
- Finnish anti-immigration party MP claims homosexuality to be a “disability in sexual development” (Aug. 1)
- James and Jussi out of control (July 25)
- Let’s play fill in the blanks with with far-right Finnish MP James Hirvisaari (July 17)
- Monikulttuurisuus ei ole poliittinen ideologia (July 9)
- Have the PS and MP Tossavainen of Finland ever heard of the Non-Discrimination Act? (June 26)
- Finnish anti-immigration party seeks to ban begging (June 5)
- Will the PS succeed at its vicious campaign against immigrants and visible minorities? (May 6)
- The PS and the municipal election: Vicious campaign against immigrants and minorities (Apr. 24)
- PS MP Hakkarainen instigates social-media lynch mob from Singapore (Apr. 21)
- Anti-immigration groups in Finland plan vicious campaign as the municipal election nears in October (Mar. 25)