We are sorry to hear about what happened to you. Abdirisak Ahmed (@HerraAhmed) Tweets:
We hope that the perpetrator(s) will face justice. In Finland, this may be better said than done.
In June 2020, a group of Finns attacked an Iraqi student in Western Finland. Below is how the police watered down the case:
- Its long 26-month length;
- Not all of the suspects were questioned by the police;
- No hate crime charges were brought; racism had nothing to do with the cause of the incident;
- Only one person was convicted;
- The district court judge gave his sentence on the same day as the trial began, which is extremely rare in Finland.
Were all these factors due to limited police resources?
Yes, let’s HOPE that the police resolve this matter swiftly and bring justice to the victim.