What credibility does a joint statement by all the parties that have parliamentary representation appealing for calm in the face of 10 alleged rape cases committed by suspected asylum seekers? It offers little credibility since the message is mixed.
A good example of the mixed message is Perussuomalaiset (PS)* MP Teuvo Hakkarainen, who attended an anti-immigration demonstration in Jyväskylä Saturday.
The PS shares power in government with the Center Party and National Coalition Party.
It’s nothing unusual that the PS says one thing and does another.
In the article below, published in the PS publication Suomen Uutiset, Hakkarainen claims that Finland is starting to look like an “occupied” country since over 30,000 asylum seekers have come here.
“Eighty-five percent of asylum seekers are men and they act as if they have [militarily] occupied this country,” said Hakkarainen. “Crimes are committed and many more will be committed. While the national media keeps everything under wraps, the police has contacted me anonymously and asked me why isn’t the truth being told?”
What is ironic in the story below is that Hakkarainen never tells us what is the so-called “truth.” He only fear-mongers.
A few matters about MP Hakkarainen that you should know before reading ahead:
- His issues with alcohol and affairs with teenage girls have been widely covered by the media;
- He sent a picture of his phallus by SMS;
- He’s posted racists posts against Muslims, Somalis and gays;
- He instigates social media lynch mobs;
- He said recently that international agreements and the Finnish constitution hinder the PS from carrying out their policies;
- He’s is one of many PS MPs who spreads hatred of Others;
- He’s racist statements were mentioned by the BBC.
- Hakkarainen has a criminal record;
- The PS MP is a failed businessman.
Read full story here.
A person like MP Hakkarainen has little credibility but in the eyes of some racists and extremists he’s arguments are spot on.
Why does the PS publish his fear-mongering, which only incites racists and fuels more hatred towards asylum seekers, migrants and minorities in this country? Isn’t this costly in the long run for tax payers?
The answer is simple. Few if any media will tell you the following: Because people like Hakkarainen and the PS loathe migrants and minorities. They don’t want migrants and minorities to succeed. They want them to fail because many have self-esteem issues and because they like power and domination.
* The Finnish name of the Finns Party is the Perussuomalaiset (PS). The English-language names adopted by the PS, like True Finns or Finns Party, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and xenophobia. We therefore prefer to use the Finnish name of the party on our postings.