Some of the work that Migrant Tales does involves media monitoring, which is vital in a country where racialized minorities are grossly underrepresented in newsrooms. In 2015, Migrant Tales monitored for a whole year the media in Finland.
An old but still highly valid documentary on how the media is biased against minorities in the UK.
Media monitoring stories
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: Why are shoplifting Romany women news? (26.10.2022)
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: How #astudio persecutes and labels migrant youths with dubious talking points (25.10.2022)
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: Don’t cry Finland if you don’t like migrants (24.10.2022)
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: Yle spikes it up with parties that promote fear and uses their xenophobic labels (18.10.2022)
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: An example of Yle zzz journalism (14.10.2022)
- Migrant Tales Media Monitoring: An Helsingin Sanomat editorial that boosts xenophobia (13.10.2022)
- MT Media Monitoring: HS interview with Riikka Purra and the PS’ pet topic, migration (21.8.2022)
- MT Media Monitoring: A government partnership between Kokoomus and the PS would be a hammer blow to us (20.8.2022)
- MT Media Monitoring: Why doesn’t Helsingin Sanomat tell us the full story about labor market discrimination? (11.8.2022)
- MT Media Monitoring: How politicians perpetuate urban tales about migrants (Uusi Suomi) (1.8.2022)