Racism and Islamophobia are nothing more than pigheaded ignorance.
What do you do if an Islamophobic MP called Teuvo Hakkarainen gets so drunk in parliament that he picks a fight with other MPs from the rival Blue Reform party by throwing bottles at their meeting? What about if that same MP, convicted for hate speech, grabs a fellow woman MP and forces her to kiss him?
All of this happened on Thursday.
What about if an aid for the PS got so drunk the same day at a Christmas party in parliament that he was carried out and taken to a hospital in an ambulance?
Teuvo Hakkarainen on his first day in parliament in 2011.
What about if the leader of the PS, Jussi Halla-aho, believes that exposing this type of inappropriate behavior is synonymous with “undermining trust” between politicians and the media?
What is worse? Hakkarainen’s inappropriate behavior and/or Halla-aho’s irritation of reporters for exposing this type of abuse and irresponsible behavior in parliament?
Welcome to Finland 2017.
Here are some other stories that may interest you:
- Mixed reactions to Hakkarainen’s racist blog entry that victimizes immigrants and Muslims (August 21, 2013)
- Let’s play fill in the blanks with far-right Finnish MP Teuvo Hakkarainen (August 20, 2013)
- PS MP Hakkarainen of Finland launches a new attack on immigrants and Muslims (August 19, 2013)
- PS MP Hakkarainen instigates social media lynch mob from Singapore (August 12, 2012)
- PS will not take any disciplinary action against MP Teuvo Hakkarainen (August 25, 2011)
* The Perussuomalaiset (PS) party imploded on June 13 into two factions, the PS and New Alternative, which is now called Blue Reform. Despite the name changes, we believe that it is the same party in different clothing. Both factions are hostile to cultural diversity. One is more open about it while the other is more diplomatic.
A direct translation of Perussuomalaiset in English would be something like “basic” or “fundamental Finn.” Official translations of the Finnish name of the party, such as Finns Party or True Finns, promote in our opinion nativist nationalism and racism. We, therefore, at Migrant Tales prefer to use in our postings the Finnish name of the party once and after that the acronym PS.