We are concerned about the ever-oppressive immigration policy of Finland towards asylum seekers who are undocumented. We believe that the Finnish Immigration Service (Migri) and the police service plan to deport many Iraqis and other refugees this year who have two rejections for asylum.
This job of rounding up and detaining asylum seekers and putting them in immigration removal centers like Metsälä in Helsinki is being carried out by Migri and the police service. It has the blessings of Prime Minister Juha Sipilä’s government.
“Nasir” was the latest Iraqi to be deported from Finland on Tuesday. See video here.
Since these vulnerable people aren’t supposed to have a name, Migrant Tales started to publish from January 2017 a list of people who are detained, deported or released by the police service. We depend on tip-offs by the public at large to update our list, which can alert different NGOs, human rights activists and the media about the people that Finland plans to deport this year.
If you know of any asylum seeker that was detained by the police service and who is going to be deported, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
لو علمت بان احد طالبي اللجوء في فنلندا يتم احتجازه بغرض الترحيل القسري , الرجاء اعلامنا على email@example.com
Stories published by Migrant Tales on the above-mentioned deportation cases:
- Farrah* and her three-year-old child: Don’t deport us to Iraq from Finland (Feb. 17)
- Iraqi asylum seeker FS: Deportation countdown begins (Feb. 15)
- A week in an asylum seeker’s life in Finland: legal limbo and deportation (Feb. 8)
- Hayder Al-Hatemi is freed from detention and becomes a momentary bright spot in the gloom that asylum seekers face in Finland (Feb. 2)
- Iraqi asylum seeker SH was released today after being detained since January 6 (Feb. 1)
- Iraqi asylum seeker being put on plane and deported today (Jan. 31)
- Detained Iraqi asylum seeker SH: “I hope to go back to work“(Jan. 30)
- A letter to the Prime Minister of Finland Juha Sipilä: “I plead with you so I can have my fiancé back at my side“(Jan. 29)
- رساله الى رئيس الوزراء يوها سيبيلا : اريد اعاده خطيبي الى جانبي (Jan. 29)
- Kirje Suomen Pääministerille Juha Sipilä: “Vetoan Tehin, haluan mieheni takaisin kotiin” (Jan. 29)
- DH’s Finnish fiancée speaks about his detention and possible deportation to Iraq: “This is so never-racking and unfair! (Jan. 25)
- الترحيل القسري هو الحل الاقل عداله والاكثر ايلاما ( خطيبه محتجز في قسم الشرطه ) (Jan. 25)
- ”CORRECTION sixth Iraqi asylum seeker detained by police facing deportation to Iraq (Jan. 25)
- پولیس فنلاند پناه جویان را به” اشتباه (Jan. 24)
- اخبار تشير الى ان الشرطه الفنلنديه تقوم بتضليل اللاجئين للتوقيع على العوده الطوعيه للعراق (Jan. 24)